The Home Energy Assistance Top-up (HEAT) Fund supports Nova Scotians in need with home heating cost during the winter months. For over 20 years, this program has helped keep thousands of individuals and families across Nova Scotia warm during the winter.
Together, the Province of Nova Scotia through Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services, Nova Scotia Power, its employees and its customers, have played a significant role in growing this Fund to help more families each year.
You may apply to the HEAT fund if:
- You live in Nova Scotia and are within the following low-income threshold:
- $29,000 for one-person households,
- $47,703 for two to four person households, and
- $67,937 for households of five or more individuals.
- Your household is experiencing an emergency heating situation.
The HEAT Fund will start Jan 15th and continue until funds are depleted. The approved applicant would receive assistance one time only up to a max of $400 depending on the amount required.